Availability of API, client - side implementation and new recommendation algorithms helped deliver over 1.5 billion recommendation scenarios in the second quarter of 2011
(Indianapolis, Ind. – August 25, 2011) – iGoDigital, the market and technology leader in personalized product recommendations and guided selling tools, today announced major updates to its personalized recommendations platform including availability of its Application Programming Interface (API), several new recommendation algorithms and enhanced technical integrations to email service providers. The company also launched a server-side implementation which gives retailers full control to interact with iGoDigital’s API. The platform enhancements were rolled out in the second quarter of 2011 and helped clients deliver 1.5 billion recommendation scenarios during that time.
“The second quarter was headlined by the availability of our API, which gives customers total transparency to the data and processes and enables them to build web or mobile tools using our platform,” said Matt Coffman, chief technology officer, iGoDigital. “The open API, client-side implementation and numerous enhancements to our product recommendation platform further validate that iGoDigital is a total platform provider helping brands build meaningful relationships with consumers and achieve measurable business goals.”
Used by many of the largest online retailers, iGoDigital's personalized product recommendation solutions exposes customers to relevant and desirable products at multiple interaction points during the shopping process. The platform analyzes individual shopper behavior, the wisdom of the crowds, and individual product attributes to show the most relevant products, in real-time, to each shopper. Because each tool is powered by iGoDigital's Customer Intelligence Engine, retailers can leverage their investment across multiple personalization solutions.
Significant new features or enhancements include:
- Availability of iGoDigital’s API, enabling customers to generate web or mobile implementations of tools built and administered on iGoDigital's platform
- Extended channel support for Guided Selling Platform to iOs applications (iPhone, iPad, iTouch), mobile browsers and Facebook
- New iGoDigital Branded Guided Selling TV finder enables consumers to find the right TV for their needs
- New recommendation algorithms which improved baseline performance
- Expanded ability to track search terms to Yahoo! and Bing
- Added content recommendations which provide product recommendations on article sites
- Added product category recommendations
- Enhanced technical integrations to email service providers, including Bronto Software and ExactTarget
- New A/B testing features and functionality allows retailers to set up more sophisticated A/B tests and automatically track the results
The latest iGoDigital personalized recommendations platform upgrades are currently available. To learn more about iGoDigital, visit www.igodigital.com.
iGoDigital is the leading provider of personalization and product recommendation tools that guide smarter retail. Powered by a customer intelligence engine, iGoDigital delivers accurate, predictive and actionable real-time product recommendation tools that guide a retailer’s shoppers through a personalized multi-channel shopping experience. The company currently serves many of the world’s most successful and respected retail brands, including Best Buy, Wal-Mart, P&G, Lids and Scholastic. iGoDigital is headquartered in Indianapolis, IN and was named to the “Inc 500” list of the fastest growing private companies. For more information, visit www.igodigital.com.